HYDROELECTRICAL MACHINE REVAMPING
Revamping includes the following steps:
- Preliminary inspection and assessment at factory.
- Dismounting and transport of hydraulic equipment to our production offices.
- Disassembly, cleaning and sandblasting (where possible) of each part.
- Reverse engineering. We can produce and deliver the shop drawings of all parts or only those related to the modified parts. At this stage we can assess all the actions needed for achieving the following objectives:
- INCREASE IN EFFICIENCY: regarding turbines, for example, we act on the play among distribution parts and on hydrodynamic profiles by recovering the original conditions (by removing the effects of mechanical wear or water erosion) or where possible by redesigning them. Regarding valves, we redesign sealing systems with the adoption of state-of-the-art technologies in collaboration with sector-leading partners.
- REDUCTION IN ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT: the use of oil and grease lubricating systems is minimized or removed, with project amendments that involve the use of self-lubricating materials. Thus we reduce the need for human intervention in the operation of machines and increase the reliability of plant, making it less dependent on the care required to operate and maintain traditional systems.
- LONGER WORKING LIFE.
- REDUCTION IN MAINTENANCE TIMES AND COSTS.
- During the reverse engineering stage, special attention is paid to the selection of materials and their joining using special overlay welds which, when carried out in strategic areas of the hydraulic plant, can reach the aimed targets while cutting costs. In this view, all actions are customized keeping account of different factors such as: plant type and construction features, pressures and flow-rates, the chemical and physical characteristics of the hydrodynamic fluid, etc.
- Non-destructive examination of critical parts that are subject to high hydraulic pressures and mechanical stresses.
- Construction of new parts and adjustment/repair of reusable parts. All works with numeric-control machines are supported by state-of-the-art CAD/CAM systems. Strict production procedures are applied under scrupulous step-by-step monitoring before the final test is carried out to attest product conformity.
- Anticorrosion treatment and painting.
- Assembly and functional testing.
- Transport preparation and shipment.
- Assembly and commissioning.
- Production of technical documents including: drawings, a photographic report of all work stages, a final report focusing our interventions, any design change and use of new spares, recommendations for standard operation and maintenance.
Our resources, including highly skilled workers and production equipment, our tested ability to work synergically, the flexibility and dynamicity that have always characterized our performance, added to our proven knowledge of technical issues arising from decades-long experience allow us to cope with all kinds of intervention in compliance with the agreed shut-down times and reducing them to a minimum.